Merced Attorney Aggressively Defends Clients Against Criminal Charges
Fierce and experienced criminal defense lawyer helps clients in the Central Valley of California
If you have been charged with a crime in California, this is not something to take lightly and there is no time to waste. The prosecution is already building a case against you and, if they are successful with a conviction, you could face steep penalties such as years in prison and costly fines. The Law Offices of Douglas C. Foster has been defending the rights and freedom of clients throughout California’s Central Valley for more than 20 years. When your freedom and future are on the line, you can trust my firm to stand up for you.
Fighting for positive results against a variety of criminal charges in California
As a seasoned criminal defense attorney, I defend clients facing misdemeanor and felony charges, including:
- DUI — If you have been arrested for DUI in California, you face stiff fines and suspension of your driving privileges. I will examine the circumstance surrounding your arrest in order to determine if improper police procedures were used, then fight for a reduction or dismissal of your charges.
- Drug crimes — The California justice system treats drug offenses like manufacturing, trafficking or distributing, very seriously. I will challenge the prosecution’s evidence and, if necessary, advocate for alternatives to incarceration.
- Sex crimes — Being charged with rape, child molestation or some other sex crime can devastate your reputation, but my firm will safeguard your rights in these cases.
- Violent crimes — I have extensive experience defending clients against serious violent crimes charges such as assault and battery and homicide.
- White collar crimes — If you’ve been charged with fraud, embezzlement or any other type of white collar crime, you need an experienced defense attorney in your corner.
- Juvenile charges— When your child is facing juvenile charges in California, my firm will fight on their behalf and strive to preserve their future.
- Traffic offenses — For those who are dealing with a ticket for speeding or not obeying a traffic signal, I understand that the fines and points get expensive. I aim to help clients avoid the penalties associated with traffic violations.
Any of these crimes could be misdemeanors or felonies, depending on the specific circumstances. I will use every tactic at my disposal to reach a positive outcome.
Accomplished legal advocate provides vigorous criminal defense
Just because you’ve been accused of a crime doesn’t mean you should be treated like a criminal or that you will be found guilty. My top priority is keeping you out of jail and protecting your freedom. As your attorney, I take an aggressive and proactive approach to every case. California’s “three strikes” law exposes defendants convicted of a violent felony and with two prior “strikes” (convictions) to a mandatory 25 year prison sentence. Because of the unfair nature of this law, my firm uses every resource, tool and defense at its disposal to minimize the potential consequences of a conviction. If police officers violated your rights during or after the arrest or there are other flaws in the prosecution’s case, I can argue for a case dismissal or a reduction in charges.
Contact a dedicated criminal defense law firm to fight your charges
Since 2004, the Law Offices of Douglas C. Foster has been providing effective and fierce legal advocacy to clients in the Merced and surrounding area. If you’ve been charged with a crime in the Central Valley, please contact my office immediately. Call 209-691-7280 or contact me online to schedule a free initial consultation.