Arrested for DUI/DWI? Protect your rights!
Act quickly to protect your driving privilege.
If you’ve been arrested for DUI/DWI, you are facing serious consequences including loss of your driver’s license, higher insurance premiums, heavy fines and potentially time in jail. Douglas Foster understands the issues presented by DUI arrests and knows how to successfully fight these cases and save your license. Just remember, you must act fast! If you don’t challenge your case with the DMV within 10 days of your arrest, you lose the right to fight a license suspension. Call now to protect your rights!
Experienced at Fighting Drunk Driving Cases
The team at the Law Offices of Douglas C. Foster will carefully examine your case. We will look for the small procedural errors that can be all the difference in winning and losing these cases.
- The stop — Police must be able to demonstrate that they pulled you over based on “reasonable suspicion” that you were acting in violation of the law.
- The sobriety test — There are specific rules that police must follow when administering field sobriety tests, including when measuring blood alcohol concentration (BAC) levels.
- The equipment — Breathalyzer machines have provided inaccurate results in the past, and their reliability can be questioned.
- The evidence — Blood samples must be collected and stored according to proper protocols in order to maintain their integrity. Blood samples can be re-tested by defense experts.
By challenging these procedures, I will strive to get you the respect you deserve and the results you desire.
Handling a DUI stop
If you are ever pulled over by the police on suspicion of drunk driving, there are several ways you can help yourself:
- Don’t be intimidated — If you are nervous, police officers may think that you are hiding something or are intoxicated. Remain calm and be polite.
- Don’t allow a search without a warrant —You do not have to consent to a search, even if you are suspected of DUI. Politely refuse to allow a search of your car.
- Take the sobriety test — You must submit to a breath or blood test. If you refuse to take a breath or blood test, you are subject to higher penalties. The validity of the field sobriety tests can be challenged later. Failing a field sobriety test does not necessarily mean you are guilty.
- Get a blood test after release — It’s a good idea to measure your BAC with a blood test after arrest. At trial, your attorney may use that evidence to raise possible defenses.
If you are arrested and charged with impaired driving, contact a DWI attorney immediately. The Law Offices of Douglas C. Foster can start working on your defense as soon as you call me for help.
Contact an aggressive California DUI/DWI defense lawyer
If you have been arrested for DUI or DWI, a strong defense attorney can challenge the charges against you. Call the Law Offices of Douglas C. Foster, in Merced, today at 209-691-7280 or contact me online to set up a free consultation.